Pure-Castile (vegetable) Soap. The Rose soap with its beautifully blended natural essential oils has an elegant and romantic traditional feel. All oils and essential oils are certified organic to the National Organic Standards Program. Wrapped in 10% hemp-flax / 90% post-consumer recycled paper from Living Tree Paper Co.
Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Palm Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Water, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Rose Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vit. E), (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO).
Quality soap-making consists in great part of choosing the right proportions of the right oils with their different fatty acids. Most commercial soap manufacturers skimp on quality because of cost and use lots of tallow from beef fat with a little bit of coconut or palm kernel oil. Our unsurpassed soaps are made with olive, hemp and palm oils instead of tallow, and contain three to four times more coconut oil than commercial soaps. Saponified coconut oil generates high-lather cleansing even in hard water because it has shorter-chain saturated fatty acids. Hemp, olive and palm oil-based soaps make a mild, smooth, creamy lather because these oils contain longer-chain unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fatty acids.
Features of Dr Bronner's Higher-Quality Soap
Unlike most commercial soap-makers who distil the glycerine out of their soaps to sell separately, we retain it in our soaps for its superb moisturizing qualities.
- We super fat our soaps with hemp and jojoba oils for a milder, smoother lather.
- We use natural plant-derived vitamin E and citric acid to protect freshness.
- We do not add any chelating agents, dyes, whiteners or synthetic fragrances.
- We use pure and powerful high-quality essential oils.
- Our liquid soaps are 3 to 4 times more concentrated than most so-called "liquid soaps" on the market, and are only a few percent away from being a solid, which ecologically saves on packaging materials.
- Our new plastic cylinder bottles are made from 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic.
- Our soaps are a superb value, costing less than less-concentrated, inferior detergent body-wash "liquid soaps."