Raw. Vegan. Gluten-Free. Fair Trade.
. Eat Your Way to Health! Pure chocolate with no guilt. Packed full of nutrients like antioxidants, beta-carotene, aminos, protein, omega 3, zinc, iron, copper, sulphur, potassium, magnesium and bliss chemicals but without the sugar and chemicals found in your average chocolate bar.
Cacao powder is the core of chocolate, without the sugar, milk and additives. It's loaded with heart-healthy flavonoids.
Raw Cacao Powder vs. Regular Cocoa - What's the Difference?
Most cocoa powder is processed via the 'Dutch method' meaning heat extracted (up to 150°C !) with solvents, thus destroying most of the nutrients and anti-oxidants and likely contaminating the end product.
Certified Organic Cacao Power powder is cold pressed from the nibs without solvents
, then fine-milled from the rare, premium criollo
variety, and sifted so the most bio-available cacao particles filter into the final product. As the temperature is never allowed to exceed 40°C, the powder is considered a ‘raw’ food with all heat-sensitive vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants remaining intact, thereby maximizing digestion and absorption.
What Makes Cacao Power Special?
Cacao is often sourced from cheap tropical countries like Africa that have the dreaded Capra beetle. When this cacao arrives in Australia, quarantine treats that cacao aggressively with methylbromide gas fumigation and irradiation
to kill any remnants of the insects.
Pure Cacao Power products are sourced from South America which does not have this pestilent insect which means Cacao Power Beans, Nibs and Powder DO NOT need to be treated chemically on arrival to Australia.
In addition, Cacao Power is CERTIFIED ORGANIC
by Skal for EKO - a world leader in international organic certification complying with the stringent European organic standard. The 3-year monitoring program involving soil/foliage/water-testing at our expense ensures that you get what you're paying for in a superfood.
We Guarantee a Premium Product With:
- NO fumigants
- NO solvents
- NO pesticides
- NO fungicides
- NO heavy metals
- NON irradiated
- NO petrochemical fertilizers
- NO genetically modified organisms (GMO's)
Much of the world's chocolate products are sourced cheaply from gruelling plantation-style industry employing child labour or enforced labourers. Power Super Foods will never support these practices - we believe everyone has the right to a fair day's wage for a fair day's work. Consequently, Cacao Power is a Fair Trade product
Who Loves Cacao?
- Chocolate has 400 distinct flavour compounds - that's 200% more than any other food! The exotic flavoured 'criollo' variety represents only 1% of world production and is the highest priced in international commodity markets.
- Cacao Power products have an anti-oxidant (ORAC) score of 95,500. To put that into perspective, that's 14 times more antioxidant flavonoids than red wine, 21 times more than green tea, and 7 times more than even dark chocolate!
- Magnesium is the most common deficient major mineral even following a balanced diet - it is estimated that over 80% of Australians are chronically lacking.
- Cacao contains high levels of magnesium - possibly being the best food source for magnesium available.
- Magnesium can be helpful for women suffering menstrual cramps because it helps muscles relax, easing discomfort. Now you know why you crave chocolate at that time of the month.
- Phenylethylamine (PEA) found in cacao products is an adrenal-related chemical that is created within the brain and released when we fall in love, and also help increase focus and alertness.
- Pure raw cacao seems to diminish appetite - likely as a result of it's unusual MAO inhibitors that allow more serotonin and other neurotransmittors like anandamide (the bliss chemical) to circulate in the brain, precipitating a rejuvenating effect.
- Cacao beans, nibs and powder contain no sugar and have a fat content lower than most other nuts.
- The Kuna Indians of the Panamanian Islands consume significant amounts of high-flavonol cacao; they also have extremely low blood pressure that doesn't climb as they age.
♥Raw Foodies ♥Chocoholics
♥Athletes ♥PMS/PMT sufferers
Eaten as it is (yummy hot/iced chocolate) or added to milkshakes, smoothies, coffee, ice cream, cookie batter or desserts.
Sponsoring Planet Earth
|Per 15g (1 Tablespoon) Serving||Per 100g Serving|
|Protein in g
|Fat total in g
Power Super Foods will donate part proceeds of every Cacao Power product purchased to 'Navdanya', the amazingly pro-active and effective organisation of Dr. Vandana Shiva that defends indigenous knowledge against biopiracy, trumpets the hazards of genetic engineering (GMO’s), and champions biodiversity through their extensive seedbank.